Science and Technology in the Foundation Phase (Grade R - 3)
This book is aimed at prospective and current Foundation Phase teachers who need to come to grips with the presentation of science and technology activities. The book first explores theoretical assumptions underlying this subject. The theoretical part is complemented by numerous practical ideas for presenting interesting activities to learners from Grade R to 3. Useful illustrations contribute to making this a hands-on and user friendly book and it’s interactive nature will spark readers’ as well as learners’ creativity.
Main topics covered:
- The inquiry-based and problem-solving nature of science and technology
- Developing and applying specific skills to solve problems in creative ways
- Accommodating the different learning styles and multiple intelligences.
- Concepts, knowledge and the design process.
- Introducing young learners to science and technology through preparatory activities, the discovery area in the classroom, the inventor’s corner, sorting activities and games
- Planning science and technology activities: a structured approach, tools and materials
- Using stories, songs, rhymes, themes, contexts, challenges and outings as starting points for interesting activities
- Implementing science and technology activities
Dr Judy van Heerden is a lecturer in the Department Early Childhood Education at the University of Pretoria. She is a Laureate Winner of the
- Prys: To order contact Van Schaik Bookstore email@example.com
- Skrywer: Judy van Heerden
- Publiseerder: Biblaridion BK
- Taal: English
- ISBN: 978-1-920648-09-1
- Bladsye: 151 pages